Guide on Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
Do you have any baggage-related queries or doubts on Allegiant flights? If yes, get complete details on the Allegiant airlines baggage policy guide and fly with peace of mind.
Allegiant Airlines allows travelers to fly with one personal item for no additional fee. However, one has to pay baggage charges for taking checked luggage on the plane, depending on the size and weight. In short, If you have booked an Allegiant flight, head to the airline’s site to settle your doubts regarding its baggage policy.
What are the Restricted Items to Carry on Allegiant Airlines?
According to the Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, you cannot take the following items on the plane. Moreover, the carry-on baggage fee does not apply to restricted items, and you must refuse to carry them.
- Mobility aids, medical equipment, and assistive devices of eligible passengers with certain disabilities
- Strollers/car seats
- A jacket, coat, or wrap
- A diaper bag
- An umbrella
- Reading material like a book
- Food to consume on the plane
- Duty-free products
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
Carry-on Baggages Policy
Passengers can take one personal item, including a purse, laptop bag, briefcase, etc., for free on Allegiant Airlines Booking. One must keep the items underneath the seats in front of them. However, you have to pay a non-refundable fee for carrying a carry-on bag as baggage charges. Firstly, You have to pay the price in advance at the airport, and the bag must fit in the overhead compartment. Further, The Carry-on bag includes a roll-abroad bag, tote bag, and garment bag, and it is applicable for an additional fee.
Carry-on Baggages Size Requirements
Both personal items and carry-on bags comply with certain size and weight restrictions. It includes the handles, wheels, pockets, and decorations, so you must measure your bags carefully. Remember, if you exceed the maximum limit at the boarding gate, the representative will ask you to pay extra fees.
- The size of the personal item should not exceed 17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 cm
- If you are carrying a carry-on bag, it should be under 22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 cm
Checked Baggage Policy
There is no free allowance for carrying checked bags on Allegiant flights, and the fee is non-refundable. The full bags should not exceed the maximum limit, which is five bags per passenger. One can only reserve four out of five online on the airline’s site before the scheduled flight departure.
Checked Baggage Size Requirements
- Each checked bag should not weigh more than 40 lbs or 18 kg. The outside measurements cannot exceed 80 inches or 203 cm. In case your checked bags are overweight or oversized, the team will impose an additional fee per bag.
- The size measurements include handles and wheels.
Allegiant Baggage Fees
Allegiant Airlines Carry-on Baggage Fees
- The Allegiant Airlines baggage policy pays $50 per passenger for the first five checked bags and a carry-on bag.
Allegiant Airlines Checked Baggage Fees
- At booking – $18-$35 per bag for the first and second checked bag
- Pre-departure – $45 per bag
- At the airport – $50 per bag
- At boarding gate – $75 per bag
Allegiant Airlines Oversize Baggage Policy
According to the Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, if you exceed the oversized baggage limit, it will be considered oversize baggage. For each oversized or overweight bag, flyers have to pay an additional fee per bag, which is non-refundable.
Allegiant Air Oversize Baggage Size and Baggage Fees
- Overweight Bags – The maximum size and weight of heavy baggage are between 41 and 70 pounds, and it costs $ 50 per segment.
- Overweight Bags – For baggage limit between 71 and 99 pounds, you have to pay $75 per bag.
- If your baggage size exceeds 80 linear inches, the baggage fee is $75 per segment.
Do I Have to Pay Additional Fees for Sports Equipment on Allegiant Airlines?
Allegiant Airlines accepts sports equipment like skis, fishing tools, hockey, lacrosse, golf bags, etc., within a certain size limit. These items are considered one checked bag or a hold bag and require a baggage fee between $28 and $55.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Service
Lost items are taken to the office for a month, and you can claim them and make arrangements for shipment. If the team finds something in the terminal or on the plane, they submit it to the local baggage department. When no one takes the items within 30 days, the baggage team transfers those things to System Service for salvage. Suppose your checked baggage does not arrive on the same flight; they try to return the bag within 24 hours. For any delay, you will get compensation depending on the delay in delivery of the baggage.
Allegiant Airlines FAQs
How Do I Report the Damaged Baggage on Allegiant Flights?
If you found your baggage damaged or broken before boarding the plane or vice versa, visit the baggage service office. Afterward, file a complaint regarding the baggage issues at the airport and request the representative to resolve your problem. You have to write a preliminary notice within four hours after the flight arrival or 24 hours for missing things.
Can I Travel with a Portable Electronic Device?
As per the Allegiant Airlines baggage policy, there are certain restrictions for carrying electronic devices and batteries. To avoid future inconvenience, you can check the complete guide on baggage restrictions on the airline’s official site. If you don’t meet the guidelines, the team will impose a baggage penalty which you can’t refuse to pay. If you still need assistance or want to know about the luggage conditions, talk to the customer care executive.
Is There any Benefit to Paying the Baggage Charges in Advance?
Yes, passengers can save money by paying the baggage charges in advance or on arrival at the airport. You can also pay the fees while making a flight reservation on the airline’s official site or mobile app. While paying the baggage charges, reserve seats or upgrade the tickets by choosing the “Manage Travel” section. Remember that the baggage charges are higher than at the airport. If you have a baggage complaint, feel free to contact the customer care team and address your concern.
See More Allegiant Airlines Posts:
- How to Change My Flight on Allegiant?
- Talk To A Person At Allegiant Air
- Allegiant Airlines en Español Numero de Teléfono
- How to Change the Existing Allegiant Airlines Flight?
- Allegiant Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Vacation Packages