What is an Unaccompanied Minors Service on Allegiant Air?
Allegiant Air permits unaccompanied minors to travel on selected flights without a parent or a local guardian. Moreover, the team provides additional travel assistance to the minors and helps them to enjoy a hassle-free journey. Most importantly, children under fifteen or more years of age can travel alone. However, young children can fly with a travel companion, and they should be fourteen years of age. One can connect with the customer service team to book Allegiant Airlines unaccompanied minor flights.
Are There Any Regulations for Parents Flying with Minors on Allegiant Airlines?
Yes, Allegiant Air imposes certain rules and regulations for parents flying with unaccompanied minors. For instance,
- Parents flying with an infant of two years have to purchase a flight ticket. Moreover, the team will provide an FAA-approved car seat.
- The infants may also fly as a lap children and sit on the lap of an adult passenger.
- Only one lap child is allowed to travel on Allegiant unaccompanied minor flights per passenger. However, when traveling with more than one infant, you need to purchase an extra seat for the second minor.
- Most importantly, they need to submit a date of birth certificate or any proof of identification along with a birthdate.
- As per the Allegiant Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, parents have to book a separate flight reservation with a seat assignment. Moreover, it applies to children under two and fourteen years of age group flying with a companion of 15 years old.
- The children under the 2 to 14 age group cannot get seats in an exit row under FAA safety guidelines.
- In addition, Allegiant Airlines allows children between 15 years and 17 years of age to take flights alone. They also need to submit a birth certificate while making a flight reservation.
- Children under 18 or more years of age need to make a separate flight booking. Moreover, they need to give a photo ID issued by the government. Remember that the TSA regulations will apply to each passenger under a particular age group.
Child Restraint and Strollers Devices Guidelines on Allegiant Air
- Flyers can check strollers as checked baggage during flight check-in.
- There is no fee for check-in per stroller.
- The team will pack the gate-checked strollers in the cargo. Moreover, they will deliver the same to the passenger on reaching the final destination.
- Most importantly, the Federal Aviation Administration suggests that infants and children under 40 pounds should secure an FAA-approved car seat.
- The FAA has stopped using Backless booster seats, vest harnesses, and safety belt additions attached to an adult.
Do I Have to Pay an Extra Fee for a Seat for a Baby on an Allegiant Flight?
Allegiant does not charge extra fees for child seats on domestic U.S flights as long as the baby sits on the passenger’s lap. However, they need to show proof of age, like a birth certificate, to the airport authority during check-in.
Additionally, children under two or fewer years of age may also travel in a child safety seat after ticket purchase. The airline suggests children between 14 months and two years must carry a certified copy of a birth certificate.
The Booking Procedure of Allegiant Air Unaccompanied Minor Flights
Allegiant Airlines permits passengers under 14 years of age on the departure day. Moreover, they should be accompanied by a passenger of at least 15 years on the same flight reservations. There are two options for kids under two years of age on the date of travel. First, as a lap infant on the seat of an adult passenger under the same booking. Second, as a ticketed flyer seated in a car seat approved by the FAA.
Most importantly, the kids sitting in the car seats should be placed in a window and not an aisle seat. The airline prohibits minors from traveling without the supervision of adults. Children under the age of 15 and 17 years may pay an extra Allegiant unaccompanied minors fee and confirm reservations. Suppose you are denied to take the departing flight; minors can seek assistance from the customer service team.
Allegiant Air Seat Selection for Unaccompanied Minors
Travelers can make a seat selection for minors in advance to ensure that children are not separated from the group. Moreover, you can either visit the managed booking page or download the airline’s free mobile app to book seats. Furthermore, FAA safety restrictions do not permit children to occupy the exit row seats or more than one lap infant. Children occupying car seats must take the window seats during the flight; they are not eligible to take aisle seats.
- Depending on the FAA suggestions, infants and small kids under 40 pounds must secure an approved car seat.
- Moreover, the FAA requires authorized car seat and child restraint devices to have one or more of the following labels. It includes the FMVSS.213 insignia language demonstrating the federal motor vehicle safety rules.
Here is How You can Check-in for a Car Seat on Allegiant Flights –
- Unaccompanied minors can check-in in the car seat as checked baggage and get the same baggage compensation.
- In addition, the airport authority checks the car seat in the boarding region. At the same time, they collect it at the gate area on reaching the final destination.
Most importantly, the airline does not charge an additional fee for checking in or airport gate checking a car seat.
Contact Allegiant Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Team
Based on the rules and regulations, you can make your travel plans for minors. As per the Allegiant Air unaccompanied minors policy, the minimum age for children to fly alone is 12 years. Moreover, they can travel alone on domestic flights on selected routes.
Dial the toll-free helpline number +1 (702) 505-8888, if you wish to seek additional travel assistance from the team when booking minor flights. Furthermore, the member will help you completely and make sure to fulfill your travel needs in the best possible manner. Visit the airline’s official site and move to the unaccompanied minor section for more details.
See More Allegiant Airlines Posts:
- How to Change My Flight on Allegiant?
- Talk To A Person At Allegiant Air
- Allegiant Airlines en Español Numero de Teléfono
- Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
- How to Change the Existing Allegiant Airlines Flight?
- Allegiant Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Vacation Packages